Ventura County, California
On September 10th from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, United Way of Ventura County will host the GradNation Summit, Increasing Student Success through Strong Family and Community Engagement, at Hueneme High School, Oxnard. The summit will bring together parents, students, educators, community members and child advocates to review current efforts to raise local graduation rates and support youth in and outside of school. A series of interactive workshops and a resource fair highlighting community programs and services will be provided. Attendees will participate in small group facilitated discussion to give input to an action plan to improve outcomes for children and youth.
Local Sponsors & Co-Conveners
- Oxnard Union High School District
- CA State University Channel Islands
- Child Development Resources of Ventura County
- Hueneme Elementary School District
- First 5 Ventura County
- School readiness & early education
- Family Resiliency
- Early Warning and Response system
- How to guide and monitor students during the transition from elementary to middle to high school and to college
- Importance of afterschool programs and community activities
ABOUT GRADNATION SUMMITS
Held nationwide throughout 2016, GradNation Community Summits support and fuel collaborative, community-based efforts to increase high school graduation rates and provide an array of holistic supports that young people need to succeed.
Please contact [email protected] for all press inquiries.
News from the Summits
January 18, 2017
January 18, 2017
Community summits are possible thanks to the generous support of AT&T.