Detroit GradNation Summit
The 2016 Detroit GradNation Summit, led by United Way for Southeastern Michigan, The Skillman Foundation, and other regional partners is a gathering of regional stakeholders and partners to reflect on the current education landscape and commitment to support powerful initiatives, which will ensure youth have a self-determined path after high school graduation. This GradNation Summit falls during a transformative time for education in Detroit, and will offer a unique opportunity to convene around, and activate on, building meaningful pathways to college and careers for our youth. The day long summit will feature conversations with key stakeholders and educational leaders, and will provide a chance for all attendees to commit to supporting this work moving forward.
Local Sponsors & Co-Conveners: The Skillman Foundation, Detroit College Access Network, Macomb County Community College, Teach for America Detroit, MSU College Advising Corps, College Board, Linked Learning, and GM Foundation
- Paradigm Shift: The Possibilities for College and Career Pathways (this panel will be live streamed)
- Critical Supports in Higher Education: Partners in Student Success
- Getting Them There: Barriers to College Access and How We’re Overcoming Them
- Bridging the Gap: Setting Students Up for Success in High School
- Mentorship Matters: How a Good Mentor Can Make a Difference
- Defying the Odds: How Students Succeed
- “Don’t Quit on Me,” An Exploration of How Adults And Peers Can Help To Close the Graduation Gap
- Detroit Network of Future Leaders – Featuring Students of Six Detroit High Schools
ABOUT GRADNATION SUMMITS
Held nationwide throughout 2016, GradNation Community Summits support and fuel collaborative, community-based efforts to increase high school graduation rates and provide an array of holistic supports that young people need to succeed.
Please contact [email protected] for all press inquiries.
News from the Summits
January 18, 2017
January 18, 2017
Community summits are possible thanks to the generous support of AT&T.